Birthday Boy

Birthday Boy

Yesterday (11th June) was Kyle Birthday.

Our Baby Woody turned four. Its seems like only yesterday that he was born, and now he is four. Time goes by so very quickly.

I can still remember how quickly he was born, and how amazing his birth was. With our fourth boy we had to have an emergency C-Section because the doctors had broken my waters too early which pushed his cord out.  Which lead to him not breathing and ended with a frantic  dash to get to him safely.

While I was pregnant with our Baby Woody, all the doctors kept advising me to book in for another C-section so that I did not go through the same experience again. I put my foot down. I kept saying that I was having him natural and that was that. Yet each doctor kept telling me telling me that I would need to have a c-section.

Towards the end of my pregnancy my waters broke. Then one week went by and nothing was happening. I went to a Herbalist/Naturopath and she gave him a massage on my legs/ankles and feet. She also gave me drops to place on my tongue, and add to water. Another week went by and still nothing…. I returned to the wonderful lady and again she gave me a deep massage, with a few tips to use at home.

By then I was two weeks over due and the hospital was concerned because the baby seemed to be too big.  I went for ultrasound on the Thursday, to discover that I had no water around the baby. I had told them that my waters had broken but they did not believe me.  They booked me in for the Saturday to be induced. Which I was not looking forward to. I then rang the Herbalist, who advised me to double the dosages of the drops, and to also practice what got us there in the first place. Mind you that was hard to do as we had a full house with my parents-in-law staying with us!!!

So I took on board all that she said and by Friday night I was in full on labour.  I was not totally convinced that this was “it” so I sent Hubby David to bed.  I also sent my parent-in-law to bed, with “Don’t worry, its probably only fake labour!!!”

But the pains were coming in thick and fast.  By 11:30 pm I woke up David to get me some socks for my cold feet. He took one look at me and freaked out!!! He placed me in the car very quickly and drove the normal 20 minute drive within 15 minutes!!!

Once at the hospital everything happened really quickly. They were saying that I was in labour but that I had hours to go. Baby then went into distress. They took some samples of blood from baby woody(while inside of me!!!) with a very long needle. The results were not good, baby was not breathing and not getting enough oxygen. The doctors and midwife went off to get the paper work organised for another C-Section. While they were out of the room I started to really suck on the gas.

So much so that David thought I was going to break the ball out of the glass because when I sucked on it, the ball was hitting the top with a loud bang!!! I had two really strong contractions, squeezed David’s hand and told him to get the midwife because baby was coming.

The two midwifes did not believe me, saying that I was only four centimeters and had hours to go. When they pulled back the blankets they were in for a shock. The baby’s head was already out. Then all hell broke loose, with David screaming in my ear and the midwife in the other ear. Baby had his cord around his neck, twice!!! “Stopping pushing, stop pushing, So that we can get babys cord of”

Don’t know about you, but how was I supposed to stop pushing? My body took over completely and I had no idea how to stop pushing. Luckily the midwife worked quickly because as she was ripping his cord of his neck Baby was there. Both David and I was so over joyed that we forgot to ask if it was a boy or girl for over 10 minutes. Due to baby Woody quick entrance the pediatrician had to work on him to make sure he was alright.

He was placed in my arms and doing really well. He feed for over 30 minutes and then had a cuddle with his Daddy while I had a shower.

No NEED for a C-section, and four years later he is one Healthy, Happy, Kind Hearted, Cheeky Monkey that keeps us on our toes:)

Baby Woody

He could not wait for his birthday cake, so he got to eat one cupcake before eating Dinner. I used Mangosteen in his icing so that it turned it pink without having to use food coluring (which our boys react to!!)

As you can see, He has the most beautiful SMILE.

He has four older brothers, and I am sure that he has bits of their traits rolled into one package:)

Happy Birthday Baby Wood. We love you.

Mummy and Daddy

Lisa and David Wood

Hayden, Zachery, Nicholas and Cameron xxxx


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: